Today is Memorial Day, and the long holiday weekend is coming to a close. Spring is about to give way to summer. Even though the true seasonal change won’t be in effect for another few weeks, Memorial Day signals the start of summer. Get your home’s outdoor spaces rejuvenated just in time for a long summer full of fun. Trust your Ellicott City residential landscape design to Edward’s Lawn & Home!
Learn More About Our Residential Landscape Design!
As you’ll see from our Landscape Design-Build service page for Howard County, we have a dedicated process to go along with our dedicated team of experts. Landscape installation and plantings are other important aspects to consider. In fact, having these elements properly accounted for is an essential part of the residential landscape design process. Why does landscape installation matter? Landscape design can determine where everything will go; installation is the practical execution. Placement, spacing, and proper amounts of sunlight and water are also critical considerations to make. Also, think about the types of plantings you might want to have:
- Perennials: Perennial plants don’t need much looking after, and the best part is, they’ll come back every year at the same time of the year. This clockwork predictability makes them easier to care for and easier to find ways to customize your landscape around them.
- Trees and Shrubs: Like a great work of art, a phenomenal landscape design needs depth and texture. But although artwork thrives away from too much sun exposure, your landscape might not. The thing is though, consider this: shade cover helps.
- Annuals: Annuals will only come once a year, but when they do, they’ll give your landscape a breathtaking array of colors that you can change every year by planting new annuals.
What Else Can Your Residential Landscape Design Include?
Next, we’ll talk about what else can go into your new residential landscape design. These are primarily hardscape features you might not immediately associate with being parts of a landscape as well. They are as follows:
- Patios: As we’ve discussed before, patios expand the amount of usable space your home has. Patios are an increasingly popular part of a home, and even apartment complexes will highlight individual unit patios as an amenity. Keeping your patio clean throughout the summer is a challenge, but it can be done with ease.
- Decks: Did you know you can also convert your deck into a sunroom? It’s a fun addition that might be unique in your neighborhood.
- Outdoor Lighting: With the right outdoor lighting, you can keep the summer fun going all night long! There’s no need to retreat inside after the sun goes down!
- Outdoor Kitchens: Memorial Day is known for its backyard cookouts!
- Much more!
Want to start planning your landscape design? Get in touch with the pros at Edward’s Lawn & Home today! Give us a call or send us an email to learn more about the design-build landscape process and find out how we can bring your dreams to life.